We’re a New York City-based company that believes in improving business by improving the experience. We believe that customer experience is a strategic issue that deserves a strategic level of attention. We believe that the customer experience is best understood by listening to customers. We believe in building consensus and measuring results. We believe in simple, low-tech, common-sense methods. We believe in clarity, honesty, integrity, and long-term thinking.
Our unique method combines business analysis with one-on-one customer research (in the form of “listening labs”) to create a customer experience strategy that points the way toward better results. Our method combines elements of market research, strategic analysis, usability, ethnography – and plenty of common sense.
Creative Good was the world’s first customer experience consulting firm when Mark Hurst founded it in 1997. Since then, Creative Good has improved the customer experience – and measured improvements in key business metrics – for hundreds of companies, from Fortune 200 enterprises to dotcom startups.
Intrigued? Contact us and we’ll talk.
We also run the Councils, a peer network of over 400 executives who are committed to helping each other with customer experience, strategy, vendor selection, and other key issues. Phil Terry, Creative Good CEO, founded the Councils in 2003.
- Phil Terry
- Email Phil
- Phil Terry, CEO of Creative Good, Inc, is an advisor to the senior management of leading businesses and a regular voice in the debate about the evolution of brands and the customer experience. Full bio >
- Mark Hurst
- Founder and President
- Email Mark
- Mark Hurst is widely credited for popularizing the term “customer experience” and the methodology around it. In 1999, InfoWorld magazine named Hurst “Netrepreneur of the Year”, saying that “Mark Hurst has done more than any other individual to make Web-commerce sites easier to use.” Full bio >
For more exploration of customer experience, try…
- The Creative Good email newsletter: Our occasional roundup of customer experience-related thinking and pointers.
- Joining Strategy and Usability: Our whitepaper on the strategic practice of improving customer experience.
- Good Experience Resources: A large collection of Mark Hurst’s customer experience-related writing.
- Gel Videos: Videos of great talks from the Gel conference.
- A Reading Odyssey: Phil Terry’s community of executives and other thinkers, reading and discussing the classics.
- Slow Art Day: An annual meetup at museums around the world, organized by Phil Terry.